Friday, May 12, 2006

The end of an era?

Spent all afternoon lying in the park, listening to great music (Jack's Mannequin, Train and Fastball), watching pretty girls, reading The House at Pooh Corner and a book on the fantasy tradition in American literature, and thinking about my own novel.

Before that, Misguided Roses by Edwin McCain arrived in the mail. I had ordered it from my favorite webstore for only $5! That's really cheap, considering the fact that it has never been released in my country, as far as I know.
In some way, this purchase marks the end of an era. More than three years ago, my musical taste changed enormously under the influence of a girl that I liked very much. Since then I have literally bought hundreds of cd's that I would not have bought had I not met her.
Misguided Roses was the last of her favorite records that I did not own. I had not bought it yet because I thought I would not particularly like this one, though I love the song I'll Be. That song is the reason I finally ordered it. And it turned out I was wrong. This is a really nice record!

Lately, I have the feeling that there's no real reason to buy much new cd's. I have so much beautiful music to listen to! The weird thing is that 4 years ago I felt like this as well. That doesn't mean I won't buy no cd's anymore (I really want to have the new Train, Josh Rouse, Bruce Springsteen and some other things), but not as much as I have for over 3 years now. That's a promise! ;-)

By the way, right now I'm listening to The Memorial Hall Recordings by Mark Erelli. One of the most beautiful records I have ever reviewed, which is now four years ago. This guy is being so outrageously underrated!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home