Sunday, May 21, 2006

Having a good time

Hello! Just got back from a very wet, very windy and extremely muddy weekend of camping with my family in a forest near the city I was born! There were like seventy to eighty people and it was a lot of fun! The first night I got almost lost in the forest while playing a game that was a bit similar to hide and seek (I was one of the people who had to hide and others had to seek us). I was the last one to return to the tents when the game was over (and some people still had not found me, as I am very good in hiding ;-) I decided to take the long way and almost got lost in the darkness, which was fun, because people started looking for me! (Meaning they missed me ;-)
The next day I awoke rather early to hear the rain ticking on my tent, which is a very nice sound as long as you are inside. I stayed inside for a long time, while listening to the rain and some good music. When I got outside it was still raining and it kept on raining for quite some time, causing the ground in our main tent to become completely muddy and dirty. Therefore, me and a lot of cousins went bowling and even though I had to play against some 9-14 year old girls, I managed to end up last with only 30 points in 10 rounds which is very bad if you know something about bowling... As I am not a bad loser (ahum ;-) , I had a lot of fun anyway.
Afterwards I played soccer with some very young cousins which was also very nice, though my team was badly beaten (mostly because my team consisted only of me for quite some time, while the other team had at least 2 or 3 players). That evening, I bangt some head (is this the right way to say this? I mean that we were headbanging...) with the very young son of one of my many cousins, which was a lot of fun. His dad wanted me to hear his favorite music which is hardcore punk and metal. He also gave me some cd's, which is very cool, cause now I can practice some more at home. ;-)
Today, I awoke again to the sound of rain ticking on my tent, so again I stayed inside for a long time, like most of my family. I listened to some cool cd's and finished Peter Pan. I mean the book. Later I played all sorts of games with the two little sons of one my cousins, which was a lot of fun too. Too bad I see most of these kids only once a year...
Of course, we did a lot of other things as well (drinking, talking politics, barbecuing, games, catching up with each others lives), but I'm too tired to tell you about that...

All I can say is that I had a wonderful time!

Too bad I don't have pictures of this fun weekend. As soon as I find myself a good job I will buy a digital camera!

Oh, and one of my cousins who only visited the campsite on Saturday gave birth to a little girl when she got home that night!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home