Friday, May 19, 2006

Music, music, music! And a bit of wind and rain...

Wow, daily updating this blog while being out of work is still harder then I thought. Friends and writing are more important though... ;-)

Today I just wanted to say that I feel very happy. This morning I listened to a whole bunch of sad records that I had to review, by artists such as Sebastien Tellier, Leya and Gregory Page, but now I am listening to this very relaxt record by Donavon Frankenreiter which almost feels like summer, even though outside the wind is blowing hard and it sometimes rains cats and dogs... This is really a very nice cd!

The good thing is that I'm going out camping with my whole family this weekend and the weather forecast isn't any different from today. ;-) For some reason it is always like this during are annual meeting... ;-) Well, every year it is fun and who cares about a bit of rain or wind anyway?

Oh, that Gregory Page cd is also very cool. Gregory is a friend of Jason Mraz, but his music sounds way different. It's called Love Made Me Drunk and is inspired by traditional French (!) music! And that cd by Sebastien Tellier (Sessions) is also great. His song Fantino was featured in Lost In Translation, which happens to be one of my most favorite movies ever. And Watch You Don't Take Off by Leya is another great. Sounds a bit like Jeff Buckley and Starsailor. Go check it out!

The nice thing about reviewing cd's is that you come across cool cd's that you would never have discovered otherwise! Having to listen to music you really don't want to hear sometimes, is therefore always taken for granted. ;-)

Well, still have to write one review and gotta start packing soon, so goodbye! Hopefully I won't drown in my tent this weekend! ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home